Thursday, November 19, 2009

Last day at The Irish Agricultural Museum

Today "Sweet Memories, the Story of Urney Chocolates" an exhibition in The Irish Agricultural Museum has officially finished. Phase one, is over. I took down the series of history panels that I designed and researched. The limited edition prints of illustrations I had done for the project also came off the wall. The reason behind the display was to create interest and try make contact with anyone who might have any personal memories of the Tallaght chocolate factory. The sale of prints helped me to cover some of the printing costs. Special thanks to all who supported me! I had asked visitors to share their personal Urney stories and a surprising number of people have left comments in the visitors book. Some people had actually worked in the factory or had commercial connections with it while others have singled out favourite childhood products. I am so looking forward to going through the comments and cannot wait to get in touch with some of the visitors who have left contact details. So many Urney stories to be unravelled!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment